headerimg

asics gel lyte 5 rouge rolling forward

in SCHLACHTFELD von VibezMuziks No. 1 Supporterin "DIRTY NAT" 14.12.2015 04:23
von Minyan | 562 Beiträge | 50580 Punkte

Driving the backside is one of the most controversial aspects of baseball batting. Between rotational hitting asics gel noosa tri 9 noir , linear hitting, and everything in between, it can be difficult for a young athlete or an inexperienced coach to really figure out what's right. In my opinion, the real issues isn't about getting the most power, it's about putting the player in the best position to have a high average, and drive the baseball to all fields. Power is a great thing to have, but if you don't have the average to match, it is all for loss. Unfortunately for most young athletes and coaches, you have to be a guru on the topic of batting to really understand what holds water and what doesn't. Saying that, I am going to take you through a full rundown of both theories in-order to come to the middle ground, which will give you the best results. So lets start with how I learned to hit when I was younger. In my younger years, I was taught a rotational style of hitting. In rotational hitting, you rotate your back knee toward your groin, take your back heel to the sky, and the laces of your cleats are pointed back at the pitcher. At the conclusion of the rotation, your body weight is either balanced 5050 or slightly back and on the balls of your feet. During rotational hitting asics gel lyte 3 soldes , a players body weight does not transition into the baseball and power is generated by the torque created with the lower half. The balance and stability generated by the limited weight transition will potentially allow players to make adjustments more easily with their hands. This will help them to more readily be able to hit the ball to all fields during timing mistakes. The downside to rotational hitting is that a player's bat speed, which allows them to see the ball longer before committing, is limited to the torque generated with their lower half. Linear hitting offers a different approach to rotating the backside. The true linear style involves more of a push of the backside and transferring a large portion of weight into the baseball. You will see some true style linear hitters have their back foot off the round just after or during contacting the baseball. In oder to perform this style correctly, players will need to have a strong frontside to resist against. The plus side to linear hitters is that they usually contact and mis-hit balls at a higher velocity, a.k.a. they have more power which in turn increases exit velocity. They downside, is one you commit to the baseball there is no stopping your swing. True linear style hitters are mores susceptible to being fooled by off speed pitches. Saying all that, I believe that the ability for a player to maximize his power begins during pitch recognition. Why? Properly identifying pitches will allow a players to drive their hips in alignment with the field they want to hit the ball. Many players will mistakenly try to hit the ball to the wrong field because of poor identification skills and will never allow themselves to fully generate the maximum amount of power their body has to offer. To fully understand why a middle ground between these two theories is a better option, go back a read my piece on the baseball load. It will help bring this concept more into focus. Taking a step back, common sense says there is middle ground that can be accomplished here. On a plus side, I like the idea of stability and balance from rotational hitting and I also like the idea of generating some weight into the baseball from linear hitting. Combining the two styles will create nice balance between stability and power which will help players perform under any circumstance. Although the weight begins to transfer during this step, I don't believe a players weight should fully transition into the baseball. I believe a players weight should transfer through the ball and continue transitioning post contact. I call this transfer of weight, "post contact weight transition". I believe that a players weight should only begin to transfer into the ball during this step, not fully commit. As the swing progresses through contact, so does the transfer for weight. This will allow players to have a more fluid transition of weight through the baseball rather than to the baseball. In effect, I believe this allows players to gain better extension to the field the want to contact the ball helping them make up for timing mistakes. Explaining this concept and performing correctly are two different things. When your player performs this step correctly it will feel as though his weight and power rolls off the back foot. His foot will go from hard pressure, gripping the ground with the balls of his feet asics gel lyte 5 rouge , and then rolling forward until his weight is off his back foot. Just the tip of his toe will be in contact with the ground after contact. The transition of weight off the back foot after contact is what I call "Post Contact Weight Transition". To bring this back to where we began, maximizing power begins with pitch recognition. During your next batting training session, I want you to divide the strike zone into 3 equal sections. L for left field, C for center field, and R for Right Field. As the pitch is being delivered, have your player actively decide which zone the baseball will cross during contact and have him commit his hips to that field. If he recognizes and L pitch, he should drive his hips to left, if he recognizes a C pitch, he should drive his hips to Center, and the same goes for right. This align his power, hands, contact, and finish. By mis-identifying a pitch, he will commit his body to the wrong field diverting his power. Keeping the alignment together will maximize your ability to hit for power and average to all fields. As you can see, these three theories are all very similar. In order to fully understand the benefits and downside of each theory your player must use the different theories in his batting training sessions. Gaining experience and understanding will educate H.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Alfonso
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 1047 Gäste und 21 Mitglieder, gestern 701 Gäste und 24 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken