headerimg

Womens James Daniels Jersey

in Was ist neu im Forum? 19.09.2018 04:25
von officialsbaseball | 450 Beiträge | 40500 Punkte

If Antonio Gates is on his way back to the Los Angeles Chargers Nick Nelson Jersey , general manager Tom Telesco isn’t talking about it.

Telesco has a whole lot more to say about the players already settled in Orange County as the Chargers attempt to build on their encouraging relocation season with the start of training camp Saturday.

Telesco repeatedly declined to confirm almost anything Thursday about a potential reunion with the 38-year-old Gates, the star tight end and top receiver in franchise history. The Chargers bade a public farewell to Gates in April, but those plans appear to be changing after tight end Hunter Henry’s subsequent season-ending knee injury during offseason workouts in May.

Gates’ agent, Tom Condon, told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday that he is ”actively negotiating” with the Chargers for Gates’ return for a 16th season with his only NFL franchise.

”I’ve got nothing new for you,” Telesco said. ”But if we ever do anything, I’ll let you know.”

Telesco praised the tight ends already on his roster, including new signee Vernon Green and young backups Braedon Bowman and Sean Culkin. The GM also acknowledged he is confident in Gates’ ability to keep playing if he chooses.

Gates caught only 30 passes for 316 yards last season in his lowest totals since his rookie season, but much of that decline was attributable to the stellar play of Henry, who became a key target for Philip Rivers in the Bolts’ high-powered offense.

Aside from Gates’ future Cordarrelle Patterson Jersey , Telesco and the Chargers are heading into training camp with far fewer variables and obstacles than they had last season. The franchise combined its complicated relocation from San Diego with the arrival of a new coaching staff led by Anthony Lynn, leading to a training camp and a September that was particularly draining to the players, coaches and front office.

”Going into training camp right now, it feels completely different than last year,” Telesco said. ”It wasn’t something I really realized, I think, until the last couple of weeks. Last year as we were relocating … there was so much work that people were doing at this time last year that we’re not doing right now. At the time, we say, `Hey, this is business as usual. There aren’t that many distractions.’ But as I was coming into work this week and thinking about all the stuff we were doing at this time last year Lane Taylor Jersey , yeah, it’s a little more stability right now.”

Indeed, the Chargers appear to be in their most stable position in several years. The front office and top coaches are all returning, and their roster underwent remarkably little turnover in the offseason after the Bolts just missed the playoffs at 9-7.

The contrast is stark with last July, when everyone associated with the Chargers was still moving 90 miles north to their new homes and settling in the area while trying to put together a football team. The Chargers started 0-4 before their 9-3 finish.

”Even though you have that football mentality that nothing is going to affect us – (and) it really didn’t feel like it did – but when you look back, yeah, it was unique, to say the least,” Telesco said. ”And that’s all done now. This is home.”

Telesco expects a strong start to camp with coordinators Ken Whisenhunt and Gus Bradley both returning for Lynn.

The Chargers replaced starting safety Tre Boston with promising first-round pick Derwin James, but the rest of the defense returns with remarkable continuity – and promising cornerback Jason Verrett is back at full strength after losing most of the past two seasons to injury. The offense added veteran center Mike Pouncey Taron Johnson Jersey , but Gates and Henry are the only significant losses from a unit that finished fourth in the league last season with 376.6 yards per game and led the league in yards passing.

Telesco is particularly interested in the progress of receiver Mike Williams. The seventh overall pick in the 2017 draft missed training camp with a back injury and played in only 10 games, catching 11 passes.

”We’re looking for him to step up and contribute this year,” Telesco said. ”It’s why we took him. He had, relatively, a full offseason program this summer, which is really important for every young player, but especially a receiver. It’ll be a big training camp. It’s his first. He’s like a rookie.”

Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr was looking for a new contract when the offseason got underway and nothing has changed as June comes to an end.

Barr is set to make $12.3 million in the fifth and final year of the deal he signed after the Vikings made him the ninth pick in the 2014 draft, but there haven’t been any signs that an extension is imminent. Barr told Nick Shook of NFL Media that he doesn’t feel there’s much more he can do to make his case for a new deal and that the next move belongs to the Vikings.

“I don’t really get into the numbers,” Barr said. “It’s more about feeling valued and respected than the actual dollar amount. They kind of go hand in hand, I suppose Arik Armstead Jersey , but I love being in Minnesota and I love my teammates. I want to be there long term. I’ve felt I’ve worked really hard, improved from my first day there to where I am now. I think I’m a totally different football player. It’s not really up to me. I feel like all the work I’ve done so far, you’ve got to go off that. You can’t really go off what-ifs or this or that. Let the chips fall where they may. It’s not my decision; it’s on them, and I would like to get it.”

Barr has started all 58 games he’s played and has 283 tackles, 10.5 sacks and an interception over the course of his time with the Vikings. He’s played nearly every snap over the last two seasons, but the Vikings could ultimately opt to let Barr play out his deal with wide receiver Stefon Diggs, defensive end Danielle Hunter and others also looking for new deals in the near future.

Womens James Daniels Jersey

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jhonzollp
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 835 Gäste und 39 Mitglieder, gestern 1219 Gäste und 14 Mitglieder online.