headerimg

and the Salomon Mantra

in News 22.10.2018 08:06
von Labi1995 | 138 Beiträge | 12420 Punkte

The Ultra’s outsole is narrower than the Sense; however, this doesn’t seem to result in any difference in Adidas Superstar Womens feel or function when running. Both have great flexibility and solid ground feel. If there is a serious drawback to either of these shoes as an overall training and racing shoe, it’s either the steep price or the lack of significant traction. I haven’t found the lack of aggressive tread to be an issue, and credit the design team’s innovative approach for this. The outsole and midsole bend, you might say morph, as the demand arises. It is true that these shoes are not intended to be top performers in Nike Blazer Basse Femme mud, snow and ice. For everything else though, they perform admirably. The Ultra does have deeper lugs than the Sense. While this is perceptible to the eye, it Nike Air Presto Womens is a rather slight difference in terms of function. If you’re going fell running or jumping over crevasses (think Kilian in one of his short mountain running movies), grab Nike Air Huarache Womens a pair of Salomon Speedcross (review coming in a few weeks!) or the like. Perhaps more significant than the depth of the lugs on the Ultra is the presence of lugs on the midfoot and front of the heel section. Kilian wanted his Sense with only the bare necessities. Given the rather slight traction of that shoe though, it’s a welcome change to have traction covering the entire bottom of the sole.Protection: The Profeel Film is what the S-Lab design team came up with to replace a rockplate. This Nike Air Max 90 Mujer innovation is, in my opinion, revolutionary. Why more trail shoe designers haven’t jumped on board yet is beyond me. The Profeel Film (a puncture-proof weave) Nike Air Max 90 Femme functions similar to what you might assume a thin layer of Kevlar would do. It blunts push through of rock and root, but adds very little weight or rigidity to the shoe. While the original Sense incorporated the Profeel Film only under the forefoot (might be fine for Kilian, but killed my feet midway through the White River 50 mile Endurance Run). The Ultra utilizes the Profeel Film throughout the bottom of the shoe, as opposed to just the forefoot (thank you designers!). Flexibility: This is probably the most important aspect of both shoes in my opinion. Salomon nailed it. Their aim to deliver ‘propriotection’ is spot on. The shoes have enough torsional and lateral Adidas Superstar Femme flex to allow the foot to quickly adapt to challenging foot placements (roots, rocks, holes in the trail, etc.). There is a sweet spot, and the designers found it, Nike Air Max 270 Hombre between giving just enough cushion and protection without sacrificing ground feel. For comparison sake, neither shoe flexes as much as Vibram Five Fingers, Merrell Trail Gloves or the LaSportiva Vertical K’s, but they do offer more flex than the Inov-8 Trailroc Line (which have a strangely rigid outsole in my opinion), New Balance 110’s, and the Salomon Mantra. There is slightly more flexibility in the Sense than in the Ultra, due to the reduced OS Tendon in the Sense.Cushion: The stack heights of both Nike Dunk Sky High Mujer the Sense and the Ultra are reported by Running Warehouse to be around 19 mm heel and 15 mm forefoot. They have hardened the midsole in the Ultra, presumably to Nike Air Max 97 Femme alleviate premature degeneration of this section of the shoe.

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 25 Gäste sind Online:
annefrankp

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ketoirmorg9
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 798 Gäste und 36 Mitglieder, gestern 2097 Gäste und 35 Mitglieder online.