headerimg

Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said of Williams

in Was ist neu im Forum? 06.11.2018 02:17
von officialsbaseball | 450 Beiträge | 40500 Punkte

BALTIMORE (AP) — The New York Mets enjoyed a memorable night in the midst of a season that’s worth forgetting.Kevin Plawecki hit his first career grand slam during a nine-run sixth inning Nolan Ryan Jersey , Brandon Nimmo went 5 for 5 with three RBIs and the Mets breezed past the Baltimore Orioles 16-5 on Wednesday. Plawecki’s slam highlighted a 19-hit outburst for the Mets, who reached a season high in runs. Nimmo achieved a career high in hits and had two cracks at completing the cycle; Todd Frazier homered , drove in four runs and fell a triple short of the cycle; and backup third baseman Jack Reinheimer got his first major league hit .Wilmer Flores also homered for the Mets, who earned a split of the two-game interleague series. New York finished 1-3 this season against the Orioles, who own the worst record in the majors.The Mets are nestled in fourth place in the NL East and have little chance to salvage a winning season. This game, however, was special to several players, most notably Nimmo.New York’s leadoff hitter was vying for the cycle after going single http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-rougned-odor-jersey , double, double, triple in his first four at-bats. He was hit by a pitch in the seventh inning and wrapped up his night with a single in the ninth.The cycle didn’t happen, but Nimmo had no complaints.“I really was thinking that five hits would be pretty cool, too. Same with getting on base six times,” he said. “When I got that last hit I was ecstatic. Nights like these, you kind of just want to bottle up and live with them forever.”Zack Wheeler (8-6) gave up one run and five hits over five innings to win his sixth straight start. The right-hander was removed from the game by manager Mickey Callaway after the Mets sent 12 batters to the plate in a lengthy sixth against Dylan Bundy (7-11) and three relievers.After Bundy left with two on, Nimmo hit a two-run triple. A wild pitch let in a run and Frazier doubled in two runs before right-hander Evan Phillips issued a pair of walks to load the bases for Plawecki.Phillips fell behind in the count before grooving a fastball that Plawecki smacked into the left-field seats. It was only his 11th home run in 205 games over four seasons.“In that situation Cole Hamels Jersey , I was just trying to find the barrel,” Plawecki said. “Obviously it was a really good result.”Bundy allowed seven runs and a career high-tying 11 hits in 5 1/3 innings, a performance that lifted his ERA to 4.99.“He’s not very crisp with his command,” manager Buck Showalter said. “He’ll make a couple good pitches and just can’t finish the at-bat sometimes. A couple of flares hurt him. We know what Dylan is capable of, he just hasn’t been able to get there really. It’s been off and on.”The bullpen was equally ineffective. After the game, the Orioles optioned Phillips to Triple-A Norfolk. Jonathan Villar homered for Baltimore and scored twice.TRAINER’S ROOMMets: David Wright (shoulder/back) went 0 for 3 while playing 3B for Class A St. Lucie and is hitless in three rehab games. He has not played a major league game since May 2016. … Jay Bruce (sore right hip) played 1B and went 2 for 4 for St. Lucie. He has been on the DL since June 18.COMFORTABLE CONFORTOThough Mets CF Michael Conforto went 1 for 8 with five strikeouts in the series, he’s batting .299 since the All-Star break.Conforto missed all of spring training after undergoing shoulder surgery last September.“I think that he’s finally finding more of a comfort zone,” Callaway said. “He’s done a great job of settling in http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-russell-wilson-jersey , and we’re seeing a more consistent Michael Conforto out there every day.”UP NEXTMets: It’s up to Philadelphia for a single-admission doubleheader on Thursday. Corey Oswalt (1-2) will start the opener followed by Steven Matz (1-2), who’s been on the DL with a strained left arm. He will be limited to 80 pitches, Callaway said.Orioles: A rarity on Thursday for Baltimore, which gets its second day off this week (also Monday). The Orioles open a three-game series in Cleveland on Friday night. PITTSBURGH (AP) — This trade was too good for Joey Votto to turn down.The Cincinnati Reds star first baseman spotted a fan sitting along the first base line Monday at PNC Park wearing a T-shirt that read “Votto for President.” It was from a Nike promotional campaign in 2012 and Votto hadn’t kept any of the shirts.Votto got the shirt, but wound up with little else, shut down by Trevor Williams and the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1.In the middle of the fourth inning, Votto walked over to the fan and asked for the shirt, offering an autographed jersey in return. The man agreed and the suddenly bare-chested fan and Votto exchanged first bumps along with Labor Day gifts.“I was trying to find (the T-shirt) for a while and I was excited to see if I could trade a jersey for a shirt and he obliged Martin Perez Jersey ,” Votto said.“He was willing to take his shirt off in the middle of the stands and thanks to him for being willing to do that,” he said.That was the highlight of the day for Votto, who went 1 for 4 and grounded into a double play as the Reds lost for the ninth time in 12 games.Trevor Williams (12-9) continued his stretch of strong starts by pitching 6 2/3 scoreless innings. He allowed five hits while striking out four and walking one.Williams improved to 6-2 with a 0.66 ERA in his last nine starts, giving up four runs in 54 2/3 innings. It was his ninth outing of at least five innings without allowing a run this season.“It’s trusting my stuff and being able to put the fastball where I want to put it,” Williams said. “We go into every start knowing the fastball command is going to be there and everything comes off that. It’s fun to throw the ball to all four quadrants of the strike zone.”Adam Frazier had career high-tying four hits, including a solo home run off Matt Harvey (6-8) in the first and a two-run single in the seventh that stretched the Pirates’ lead to 5-0. Frazier also had a double and three RBIs.Pittsburgh’s Gregory Polanco and Cincinnati’s Scooter Gennett homered and had two hits each.Polanco hit a two-run shot in the sixth inning that made it 3-0.Gennett, the NL batting leader with a .320 average, broke up the Pirates’ shutout bid with a solo drive off Kyle Crick in the eighth. Gennett also doubled in the first inning Jurickson Profar Jersey , but Williams worked out of a second-and-third jam with one out by striking Eugenio Suarez and getting Scott Schebler to fly out.“He’s kind of like the guy who can get you a stolen base when you need a stolen base,” Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said of Williams. “He had four strikeouts today, but he can get you a punchout when you need a punchout.”Harvey surrendered three runs and seven hits in six innings with three strikeouts and no walks.“It was one of those (starts) where you look back and the numbers obviously don’t go with how the game went but two pitches definitely cost me,” Harvey said.TRAINER’S ROOMPirates: C Elias Diaz (strained right hamstring) missed his third straight game.TRAHAN DEBUTReds SS Blake Trahan was 1 for 3 in his major league debut, hitting a single off Williams in the seventh inning. He was promoted from Triple-A Louisville on Saturday.UP NEXTReds: LHP Cody Reed (0-1, 3.26 ERA) will make his third start and 13th relief appearance of the season Tuesday night after limiting Milwaukee to one run in 4 2/3 innings in his last outing.Pirates: RHP Joe Musgrove (5-8, 3.80 ERA) is 1-4 in his last six starts despite a 3.65 ERA.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jhonzollp
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 811 Gäste und 39 Mitglieder, gestern 1219 Gäste und 14 Mitglieder online.