headerimg

[quote][/quote]After last week's last-second loss against Carolina

in Was ist neu im Forum? 14.11.2018 05:01
von linhui95 | 526 Beiträge | 47355 Punkte

Womens Odell Beckham Jr Jersey , Giants coach Pat Shurmur said he was "done" talking about Odell Beckham Jr. and his critical comments about the team.Six games into his first season, Shurmur still can't shake the OBJ questions. It's talk of a postseason push that's gone silent.The Giants are 1-5 and in last place in the NFC East after a 34-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday night that featured Beckham marching to the locker room before the end of the first half and slamming his head into a giant cooling fan during a second-half fit.Shurmur said Beckham went to the locker room early because of cramps. Beckham said his headbutt was a bit of self-motivation."I was just trying to get myself going," he said. "I felt like some of those plays where I was getting myself going was some of my best stuff. So I was just trying to get myself fired up. I did that and it helped me."Beckham bemoaned the lack of downfield passes from quarterback Eli Manning and the team's subpar energy following a 33-31 loss to Carolina.The Giants were counting on a prime-time visit from the Super Bowl champs to get their season turned around.Instead, poor pass protection, inconsistent offense and costly penalties have left the Giants reeling.The Eagles' game plan on Thursday was to contain Beckham. He had six catches for 44 yards and his longest reception was 12 yards.The Giants' mistakes started early against the Eagles. Manning was intercepted on the opening drive of the game, and they took advantage for a touchdown.Later in the quarter, Manning was sacked at his 1 and the Giants were forced to punt. The Eagles took advantage of the favorable field position and drove for another touchdown and a 14-3.When the Giants added a field goal to get within 14-6, the defense allowed a touchdown on the next Eagles possession.The Eagles, who entered the game at 2-3, had not scored more than 23 points in a game this season entering Thursday.But they managed 24 in the opening half.The Giants' offense continued its struggles on third downs. They didn't convert a third down until their opening drive of the second half. It was the first time in 16 tries they converted on third down going back to Week 4. The finished 4 of 14. The Eagles were 9 of 16 on third downs."They converted on third downs," Shurmur said. "When you're that good on third downs and you can stay on the field, you can give yourself a chance."The biggest bright spot for the Giants was rookie running back Saquon Barkley. He had 13 carries for 130 yards Womens Janoris Jenkins Jersey , including a 50-yard touchdown. And he added nine receptions for 99 yards, including a spectacular 55-yarder where he eluded several would-be tacklers. He's the second player in NFL history to gain at least 100 yards from scrimmage in each of his first six career games.However, the rest of the Giants' offense struggled as they couldn't consistently sustain long drives."We beat ourselves. Every time I looked up I felt like there was a yellow flag somewhere. We can't have that," Beckham said. "There's no way we're going to beat good teams with doing that."Manning was 24 for 43 for 281 yards and was sacked four times.And the Giants have the same record as they did last year when they finished 3-13. And they have to wait to make up any ground since they don't play again until facing the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, Oct. 22."1-5 is not where we want to be. I'm not happy about it, and I'm frustrated like everybody," Manning said. "All we can do is worry about the next game."Saints 33, Giants 18: 4 things we learned as the Giants fall to 1-3 The New York Giants fell to the New Orleans Saints, and in doing so fell to 1-3 on the season. The game started out promisingly for New York, with the defense getting a stop on the Saint’s offense and the offense driving 75 yards for a touchdown. After that, however, things spiraled out of control for the Giants. We thought the team might have been on the verge of breaking out after their victory of the Houston Texans Womens Landon Collins Jersey , but what have we learned about the team after their 33-18 loss to the Saints? The Giants need to come to play on offenseThe Giants’ offense has shown a distressing tendency to go in to a shell on offense. Too often we saw the Giants resort to short passes that traveled just a couple yards in the air against a Saints defense which had been the league’s worst to start the season. The plan seemed to be to try and control the clock and keep the Saints’ potent offense off the field and avoid a shootout. However, the Giants simply sputter when they go into their shell. It is too easy for defenses to contain the Giants’ playmakers and keep the game in front of them. It was the same problem we saw from the team against the Dallas Cowboys. The team needs to play with a wide-open throttle and try to win the game on offense, because if they play it safe, the offense just spins its wheels.The Giants can’t beat themselvesGiving up a first down on a fake punt. Fumbling the ball and nearly giving up a touchdown on the return. Penalties to kill their own drives and extend the Saints’. Mental mistakes leading to blown coverages or big plays. The Giants have the talent to compete, but not nearly so much that they can beat the opposing team and themselves at the same time. Unfortunately, the Giants have shown a tendency to do as much to beat themselves as the opposing team. The team made a point of bringing in veterans to help mentor and be steadying influences on the younger players, but there have simply been too many mental mistakes. The coaches have their work cut out for them shoring that up, but it might be too late to do much good in 2018.The defense has potentialDespite still being down two of their best players, the Giants’ defense played hard and contained the Saints’ offense for much of the game. They didn’t have any support from the offense after the first drive, but still played hard throughout the game. Ultimately, they couldn’t get off the field when they needed to, instead shattering to give up a third touchdown to Alvin Kamara. They played too well to be in that position to begin with. Eventually Olivier Vernon and Eli Apple will return Womens Curtis Riley Jersey , and the infusion of talent at the edge and in the secondary is much needed. The Giants’ defense has the potential to be one of the better ones in the league, but they will need to improve their depth and find some more speed.The offensive line is still a problemThere were plays where the Giants’ offensive line gave the Eli Manning time to find his receivers. But all too often there were Saints’ defenders precariously close to Eli Manning, hitting him or affecting his passes. Pressure came from across the offensive front, left, right, and up the middle, but as we have seen time and again from Manning, it was the pressure up the middle which had the greatest effect. Manning is far from mobile, but he has the ability to navigate the pocket andget away from pressure off the edge. He has little ability to deal with pressure through the A or B gaps. The team needs to open the throttle for the offense to function correctly and Manning to play his best, but they just can’t block for it to do so on a regular basis.

nach oben springen

Besucher
jerinolu, hafizhaleem

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jerinolu
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 1651 Gäste und 27 Mitglieder, gestern 3263 Gäste und 42 Mitglieder online.