headerimg

Chapman had been placed on the 10-day

in Was ist neu im Forum? 16.11.2018 09:51
von officialsbaseball | 450 Beiträge | 40500 Punkte

As the New York Mets look for their next general manager Kendall Graveman Jersey , they have narrowed the search down to two candidates: agentBrodie Van Wagenen and Tampa Bay Rays executive Chaim Bloom.Per Andy Martino of SNY.tv,Van Wagenen is in "very strong position" to win the job, but Bloom remains in the running.The Athletic'sKenRosenthalalso noted that his "sense" is the Mets will go withVanWagenen.Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan reported Van Wagenen is the "significant favorite" and that the job is "his if he wants it."Anthony DiComo of MLB.com recently broke down the list of finalists:Longtime MLB general manager Doug Melvin was eliminated from the race Thursday, according toNewsday'sTimHealey, making it a two-person field.While other candidates have experience working in front offices around baseball, VanWagenenis the co-head of the baseball division atCAASports. He represents high-profile Mets such asJacobdeGrom http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-canseco-jersey ,NoahSyndergaard,YoenisCespedesand Todd Frazier.New York may view the 44-year-oldVanWagenenas a qualified candidate, but others believe including an agent in the process could create a conflict of interest.Agent ScottBorastoldMike Pumaof theNew York Postearlier this week he has previously passed up opportunities to avoid any potential issues:"TheBorasCorporation stands for a total commitment to players, and while I have been offered many opportunities with teams, I would never violate the trust that I have with any player, and that is very important to what I do. I am an attorney http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-jed-lowrie-jersey , and I want [players] to tell me everything, and a lot of these things are confidential, they are personal, and if I went to work for a different employer, I would have to divulge all that information because I have to do my job for that other employer I made a commitment to."VanWagenendownplayed any concerns, per Puma:"In my role as an agent Tony Phillips Jersey , my solution is to create opportunities for players to be successful both on and off the field. By creating partnerships between players and teams, the interests of all parties can be aligned. If the players are able to reach their peak potential, the fans will be rewarded with a competitive team that can contend for championships year in and year out. The clubs benefit with compelling, sustainable and profitable entertainment franchises; and the players are rewarded with a platform to realize their childhood dreams while receiving compensation consistent with their tremendous talents."My conversations with the Mets continue to be organic. I believe baseball is better when the Mets are competitive and successful. That success is better for the fans, players and the economy of the sport. As Jeff and Fred [Wilpon] continue their search for a new head of baseball operations, the players http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-walt-weiss-jersey , fans and entire organization will be motivated to have a leader with the skills and commitment to win. If theWilponsbelieve I am that person, we will have that conversation."According toUSA Today'sGabeLacques, VanWagenenraised the question of collusion by teams last offseason and threatened a player boycott of spring training.Meanwhile, there are no such concerns with Bloom. The 35-year-old has spent the last 14 years within the Tampa Bay Rays organization, working his way from intern tosenior vice president of baseball operations. His most recent roles included being involved inplayer development, scouting and trade negotiations Marcus Semien Jersey , according to the Rays'official website.A decision is not expected until Monday at the earliest. New York Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman's ailing knee will keep him out for at least two more weeks.Per MLB.com's Bryan Hoch, Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Chapman will be re-evaluated in two weeks after the player received a platelet-rich plasma injection in his left knee.The YankeesannouncedWednesday Chapman had been placed on the 10-day disabled list with left knee tendinitis.Chapman earned an All-Star nod this season after posting a 1.35 ERA with 26 saves, 17 hits allowed and 68 strikeouts over 40 innings.It's been a different story for Chapman in the second half. The 30-year-old has a 6.43 ERA with 16 strikeouts and 11 walks in nine games.His last appearance on Aug. 21 against the Miami Marlins was particularly worrisome as his average fastball velocity of 96 mph was his lowest in a game since 2012, per The Athletic'sMarc Carig.A two-week timetable means Chapman will be looked at on Sept. 7. The Yankees end the regular season Sept. 30 against the Boston Red Sox. They hold a four-game lead over the Oakland Athletics for the first wild-card spot in the American League.

nach oben springen

Besucher
melting, fifacoinsrsgoldbuy

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: twejcvfx
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 1471 Gäste und 24 Mitglieder, gestern 3263 Gäste und 42 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken